Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Little Spice

I love getting online to find recipes for mixes and seasonings that can be bought in the store, but can be made at home for pennies on the dollar.  My problem: I needed a way to store these mixes, and plain canning jars were a little too boring.  So I decided to spice it up a little and see what I could come up with.  The Little Red Scrapbook kit from March was the perfect fit.


My new Favorite is mod podge, who knew all the things you could do with it! 


I put my label together first.

Then mod podged the area of the jar that the tag would be going on.  I did notice that the label seemed to fit better if I gently bent, but did not crease, the label length wise before placing it on the jar.  Once it was on the jar, I mod podged over the top of it.


I took a canning lid, mod podged (I did mention I liked mod podge didn't I?) the top of the lid and laid material on the top of the lid.


Once the mod podge dried I cut around the lid, leave a little bt of material on the edge so it would fit tighter in the canning ring.



And here is the final project, complete with seasoning.



A look of my seasonsing jars lined up.  A lot more spice than unlabeled jars!

Supplies Used:
Bell canning jars, lids, and rings
Mod Podge
Plaid Material
Paper: Bella Road "For the Record"
Colorbox Chalk Fluid Ink, Dark Brown

I'm pretty excited with how these turned out.  I just have to smile every time I see them. 



1 comment:

  1. These are sooo cute!!! I can't wait to scraplift this idea!!

    ReplyDelete